|(Photo Courtesy: Pundraika Foundation)|
Le'u Dünma (།སློབ་དཔོན་སངས་རྒྱས་གཉིས་པའི་གསོལ་འདེབས་ལེའུ་བདུན་མ་བཞུགས་སོ) The Prayer in Seven Chapters to Padmākara, the Second Buddha is a series of prayers composed by Guru Rinpoche before he departed to the Rashas home from Tibet. Tulku Zangpo Drakpa revealed this Terma in the fourteenth century. The seven-chapter prayer is a long prayer and generally recited in one go.
It is very interesting to note that each prayer is actually to be recited on a particular time of the day to reap more benefits. Prince Mutri Tsenpo recommended this to the people of Tibet after physically receiving the precious prayers from Guru Rinpoche himself. It is recommended that these great prayers to Guru Rinpoche should be recited as under:
1. The first Chapter of Le'u Dünma “The Prayer to the Three Kāya Guru”
Recite ‘The Prayer to the Three Kāya Guru’ whenever you recall the master, your refuge. (Any time)
2. The second Chapter of Le'u Dünma “The Prayer Requested by King Trisong Detsen”.
Recite the prayer in the evening, the time of wrath.(6:00 PM)
3. The Third Chapter: The Prayer Requested by Khandro Yeshé Tsogyal
Recite the prayer before first light, early in the morning (6:00-6:30 AM), the time of increase.
4. The Fourth Chapter: The Prayer Requested by Namkhé Nyingpo
Recite this prayer at dawn (4:30-5:00 AM), the time for pacifying.
5. The fifth Chapter: The Prayer Requested by Nanam Dorjé Dudjom
Recite this prayer in the afternoon (1:00-1:30 PM) the time for magnetizing and power.
6. The Six Chapter: The Prayer Requested by Prince Mutri Tsenpo
Recite this prayer in the darkness of midnight (11:00-11:30 PM).
7. The seventh Chapter: Sampa Lhundrupma—'The Prayer to Guru Rinpoche that Spontaneously fulfills all Wishes'
Recite this at midday (12:00-12:30 PM), during rest.
In general, recite these prayers whenever you feel threatened by suffering.